He is the international policy advisor to Secretary of Energy Spencer Abraham. He also serves as Chief Operating Officer of a $20 million budget and a 120-person staff of senior policy analysts to formulate U.S. domestic and international energy security policy
Principal Deputy Assistant Secretary for Policy and International Affairs, U.S. Department of Energy
• International policy advisor to Secretary of Energy Spencer Abraham
• Chief Operating Officer of a $20 million budget and a 120-person staff of senior policy analysts to formulate U.S. domestic and international energy security policy
• Managed the creation of the new Office of National Energy Policy
• Security clearances at TS/SCI/Q and codeword levels.
Public Affairs Advisor to Government of Kuwait in Washington, DC
• Created and implemented a nationwide public diplomacy campaign to educate Americans on the strength and importance of the U.S.-Kuwaiti alliance. The campaign combined a strategically targeted national grassroots communications program, advertising, and earned media with a robust presence in Washington, DC policy circles.
• Conducted legislative and political analysis to identify key Members of Congress to educate on the importance of the U.S.-Kuwait alliance and on the threat posed by Saddam Hussein’s Iraq.
• Focused a public and private education campaign on the congressional districts of selected Members and staff.
• Produced a unified, bipartisan consensus that Kuwait was a valuable ally that was worth defending and consulting to craft U.S. regional policy.
Foreign Service Officer, U.S. State Department
• Public Affairs Officer at U.S. Embassies in Jordan, Tunisia, Yemen and Kuwait.
• Managed U.S. public diplomacy programs, conducting political analysis in the Middle East and Washington, DC. Fluent in Arabic, Dutch; familiar with French, Spanish.
• Assisted the development of civil society, the rule of law, and democratic institutions in the context of Islamic societies.
• Security clearances at TS/SCI/codeword level.
Leadership Institute faculty, teaching Foreign Service Exam preparation.Make an Appiontment